Sunday, January 15, 2012

So swamped

I need to come up with a way to organize my projects. Right now I have the pieces of a quilt I'm working on for myself in this white ornate wrought birdcage, but other than that everything is in bags or piles. Usually I'm a very, very neat sewer--one project out at a time, clean the entire space after every project, everything neat and picked up when I take a break or am done for the night--but these last couple of weeks I've just been scattered. I must focus.

So really, what have I got to do?

**Batik Nothing But Patience quilt. That one's for me, I can put that in a Rosie bag and tuck it away for now. Or, you know, just leave it in the birdcage.
**Nellie's bag. I need to check the remains of a jelly roll and see if I have any colors I think she'd like. I also need to go get half a yard of liner fabric, and 1/4 yard for a strap.
**Richard&Nellie's quilt. I have what I want for the quilt top, I just need to cut it and put it together. I do NOT have backing/binding, but I want to wait until I get the top done to pick that out. And I need to figure out how I'm going to put the birds on the back and not quilt right through them. Hmmmmmmm.
**Lorna's bag. Would like to get that done by next Saturday.
**The bag I was working on that is NOT coming together well. I need to decide if I'm going to scrap it or take the liner out and start over.


Hmmmm. I also have Christmas lights to pin to my ceiling, that would be a good project to get done today. I can't wait to see the effect next to my awesome wall! Maybe I should go work on that instead of sitting here typing...?

No comments:

Post a Comment